I’ve reached an age where I’m interested in the garden and honestly feel like I’ve been missing out all of these years. A trip to the garden centre is a luxury these days, I absolutely love it!
Last week I headed to my local Dobbies Garden Centre in Reading to check out their spring/summer collections.
This years trends include –
- Afrique – Inspired by earthy tones of terracotta, lush palm prints and glazed earthenware for a true traveller vibe.
- Coastal Living – A rustic, coastal look, inspired by life spent by the sea. Natural rattan, muted tones of blue, and stripes transport you right to the water’s edge.
- Country Garden – Head to the country with this charming, graceful collection. Sage green, blush and lattice metalwork creates the perfect setting for tea on the lawn.
- Nordic Calm – Simply Scandinavian! Pale wood, clean lines and plush textured cushions are the key attributes when it comes to this collection.
- Garden Party – Bright, vibrant colours and fun prints along with tropical accents, this playful theme brings the party to your back garden.
- Serenity – Transform you garden in to a peaceful retreat with influences from the East. Pebbles and water features will make your garden the perfect place to relax.
- Artist Studio – A fresh white palette filled with luscious greenery helps create this calm and creative workshop.
Before I went to Dobbies I had a sneak peak at the Spring/summer look book and was instantly drawn to the Afrique collection, especially this hanging macrame chair. Paired with this Mandela print cushion it’s the perfect place to hang out and wind down.
Macrame chair £69.99 | Cushion £12.99
Some other things I picked up was this striking plant and rustic, earthenware pot for it to live in and whilst browsing I came across this decorative garden side table with a built in solar light which I found so fitting to the Afrique theme. It collects the sunlight during the day and then creates the most beautiful pattern on the ground during the evening. I can’t wait for warmer evenings so that we can enjoy it.
I love finding nice accessories for the garden and Dobbies have loads in at the moment, it was tough to choose between them. I opted for this gorgeous lantern along with two small terracotta pots for my citronella candles.
And last but not least I picked up a lovely wind chime for our tree, the sound of it makes me feel like I’m on holiday in a peaceful retreat.
I was seriously impressed by what Dobbies had to offer this Spring and I’m so happy with what I managed to find. Their trends are spot on and I think you’d struggle to find one that doesn’t inspire you and your garden.
Until next time,
*This post is a paid partnership with Dobbies Garden Centre’s but all views and opinions are my own.